Monday, March 15, 2010

Big changes are afoot!

Hello again, blogosphere! You know, right now in my life, I am feeling a bit like this critter!



My life has gone from the Groundhog Day-edness of the home-working captioner (same work, only varied by which crappy kids shows I get most of the time) to that of someone who is still keeping up with that part of my life (or trying to!), while also trying to build a business selling Lorraine Lea, something which is completely unlike anything I've done in my entire life! I still have to pinch myself that I'm even doing this. If you'd have told me once I moved back to Brisbane, I'd be doing something like this within four months, I truly would have laughed at you. But I don't know - maybe the Craig Harper saying that I've got as my signature in the CK forum has actually sunk in. That's the one that says, "If you want to live in Groundhog Day, don't change a thing." Well, I don't want to anymore, so I had no option but to change a lot of things. No regrets at all. I won't say I wish I'd done it sooner, because clearly the time was not right and I wasn't mentally ready. Now I am, and it feels good to be doing something positive instead of watching the world go by and wishing I could jump in, but letting fear hold me back.

Which brings us to the thorny issue of weight loss. Today I made a commitment to Darren, the main boot camp trainer, that I am going to give Breaking Point one last chance to see if I can make it work for me, and if after one month has gone by, I'm still finding it too hard to do the boot camps, etc, we will come to an arrangement so I can join a different gym instead. He was really good about it and totally understood why I was asking. But in order to find out if it's going to work, I need to actually do it a few times a week, so that is what I'm doing. For the next four weeks, linen parties, captioning notwithstanding, I'm going to do three morning boot camps a week. That is a doable commitment and I've made it non-negotiable. Doesn't mean I don't have to exercise other days, but that's my bare minimum. Today I went and it was OK. I asked Darren to give me a little extra help because I'm rusty at the moment, and he did, so that was good.

And my flatmate and I also have a little 12-week challenge going that we started on Monday, to see how much weight we can lose in 12 weeks if we put our minds to it. What I would really like is to get back to where I was about a year ago. I know if I really try, this is very doable. I'd need to lose about 15kg or so, but at my weight that is certainly possible. And I will calorie count if it feels like I need to, but other than that I'm going to just try really hard to listen to my body, feed it when it needs food, give it liquids, and when my inner child is jumping up and down asking for crappy food, I have a list of 20 different things to do instead to distract her. And, let's face it, now that I'm selling linen, there is always some administrivia to be done, and that is a good thing because the busier I am, the less I feel like eating.

Well, that's all for now. Tired but happy Deb signing off for now. Ciao, all! xox

3 comments:

  1. Deb ... I wish there was an applause Button on this Blog as I would stand and applaud you

    You are doing everything right not putting yourself under more pressue then you can handle and you are getting out into the Great Big World outside of your Captioning and Boot Camp. and I have faith in you .. so Go Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. There seems to be a lot of this going on right now - people putting themselves outside of their comfort zones. And you know what - YOU ROCK!!!!!!! Such a change in the 2 years that I have "known" you. I KNOW your Linen Parties will be majorly successful. And good luck with your committment to the boot camps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies. :) You both rock too. xoxox

    ReplyDelete